Rhoems from a special manuscript

While seated at the foot of the throne of the Gypsy Empress, I wrote a lot of rhoems regarding my ongoing battle to achieve our sentient state.

I have decided there is no reason I shouldn't publish them here.  They tell a little of the story of my journey.  They're not enough to make a second book on rhoetry.

Sorry about that, my dear.  I hope you don't mind.

I was just reading through your book for inspiration and to renew my heart, which is feeling very tentative, and ran across these.

The first one I have already posted because it is so central to what I have attempted.

Some fit so well as I finally peer through to our Humanity without obstruction.


The rhyme

It comes upon me like the wind that blasts across the sea

Unbidden, not unwelcome, is the rhyme I write to free

The words and thoughts that clutter up within my searching mind

All of life's sweet treasures and the conundrums unkind

A puzzle in the writing and a puzzle in the end

The words and thoughts and meaning that combine into a blend

That free the dreams so hidden in the corners of my mind

Now, I finally see that which, before, my eyes were blind

w

The heart

The heart is now the master recognized

As all of life, in context, I reprise

All the pain the heart had to endure

Yet, patient, as the heart sought to adjure

To strip away the blinds and find a way

Assuage all grief and, lastly, to allay

All pomp and circumstance that I assay


w


The forge

Forged upon the anvil made of time

Forged with will and honesty and rhyme

A metal so superb that it can bend

An edge so sharp that it can safely rend

The terror from the heart in single beat

And last a lifetime long without defeat

While metal forged is made of finest steel

The heart beats on, in hopes, at last, to feel

The touch, the brush, the whisper in the ear

And shed a single, silent, revel tear



The blue bottle

Voraciously, I read the books, a placid pause in thought

A way in which my mind suspends torrential juggernaut

If captivated by the words, that’s all so well and good

Just so that I didn't need to look beneath the hood

In those times suspended in the air or hotel room

Distracting my insanity from thoughts of minor doom

But, now, I find it better to be craftsman of the thought

Within the bottle blue, I find magnificence is wrought



The battle

On the fields of reason, battled soul was finally won

Chaos and all semblance of control were rendered done

The skirmishes with nonsense, out alone among the brush

Taught a well learned lesson in true needs and how to flush

A wonder on the battlefield to win all sanity

The swirling sword of reason brought assassin to one knee

So hidden was assassin to the sight of all who see

Camouflaged as tame within a false security

With sword of reason at its neck, unreason made a boast

Wielding pen on paper, reason made of it a ghost



Soaring

I listen and I hear the voice go soaring through the sky

On wings of velvet enchantment that own the will to try

To reach the stars, to touch the sun, enveloped in a sigh

I close my eyes and sprout the wings and, now, I too can fly


w


Shooting star

A star shoots out at midnight and it rocks the world's foundation

So bright and burning in the night like numinous' creation

So dazzling as to make the night

As clear as crystal days

An honest heart that burns hindsight

And clears the skies in blaze

The waters ripple from the wind brought on by swirling trail

The oceans rise to feel the heat that night and life exhale

The drum beats out the rhythm as the passing star departs

Don't leave to me the darkened night in hands of lesser arts


w



On fire

The lightning struck a chord within the heart

That penned the lyrics of a song to start

A wildfire in the heart and of the soul

All shattered dreams are burned to blackest coal

The fire that rages on within the heart

Of one for whom beginning had no start

But, lightning has a way of striking where

'Tis least expected, not unlike a care

A swift and subtle storm across the ocean settles home

A stirring from the wind on leaves within the ancient tome

Swiftly settles on a page of perfect intuition

And, finally, but once again, a sigh begins ignition 

No comments:

Post a Comment